Visit The Barnacle
• The park is disability friendly. If you need assistance to enable your full participation, contact the park office.
• Pets are permitted on park grounds but not inside historic buildings. Where pets are allowed, they must be kept on a six-foot, handheld leash and be well-behaved at all times. Service animals are welcome in all areas of the park, as required by law. Pets are not permitted at park special events, including the Moonlight Concert Series.
• For your safety: please do not feed or attempt to touch any animals.
• Intoxicants, firearms, and smoking are prohibited.
• Many of the buildings and trees are hundreds of years old. Please do not climb on them.
Hours of Operation
The Barnacle is open Wednesday through Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with tours at 10 and 11:30 a.m.; 1 and 2:30 p.m. The park is available on Wednesday and Thursday for group tours by advance reservation. The park is closed on Tuesdays, New Year´s, Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Admission to the park is $2.00 per person age 6 and over; children under age 6 are free. Please use the honor box to pay fees. Correct change is required.
Daytime activities include touring the historic site, picnicking, and wildlife viewing. Concerts and other events are held frequently throughout the year. The Barnacle grounds are available for wedding and party rental.
Location and Parking
The Barnacle is located in Coconut Grove (Miami) at 3485 Main Highway. The entrance is within sight of the Coconut Grove Playhouse. There is no parking available in the park itself, except for those with disabilities. However, there is a public parking lot next to the playhouse and street parking throughout the neighborhood.
Directions from the North
Take I-95 South to the end, which becomes US 1. Continue South and turn left at SW 27th Avenue. Continue to the end turn right on Bayshore Drive. As Bayshore Drive bends right, it becomes MacFarlane Road. Move onto left lane and take a hard left at the traffic light onto Main Highway. The park is on the left shortly after the intersection of Commodore Plaza. There is no parking available in the park itself, except for those with disabilities.
Directions from the South
Take US 1 North to Bird Road/SW 40th Street. Turn right at McDonald Road and continue to the end which has a traffic light. Turn left on Grand Avenue, making an immediate right onto Commodore Plaza. Continue to the end and turn right onto Main Highway. The park is on the left. There is no parking available in the park itself, except for those with disabilities.
Buses #22 and #42 from Douglas Metrorail station. Bus #27 from Coconut Grove Metrorail Station. Bus #48 from Government Center and Douglas Metrorail Stations.