Old Time Dance
When: 6:30 – 10 pm on Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Admission: $10. Kids 9 and under free.
Coconut Grove – Swing your partner, do-si-do and promenade to The Barnacle at 3485 Main
Highway in Coconut Grove for a contra dance with a caller and live acoustic band. These fun
and friendly outdoor dances are held in a covered pavilion and are open to everyone.
The gates open at 6 p.m. Pre-dance instruction begins at 6:30, and dancing starts at 7 p.m.
No pets, please,
Picnics are welcome and snacks to share encouraged.
Contact: (305) 442-6866
In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must have the ability to traverse a paved multi-use trail for a distance of approximately 1200 feet (600 feet each direction) independently or with the assistance of a companion or with the assistance of a device.
- Must have the ability to traverse the sidewalk from The Barnacle house to the Micco Pavilion, a distance of approximately 1180 feet (590 feet each direction).
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with assistance of companion.
- Must have the ability to move about the dance floor independently or with the assistance of companion or device.
- Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the nighttime outdoors for a period of 4.5 hours (or any portion thereof).
- Must have the ability to remove trash, litter, and picnic remains as The Barnacle is a “pack it in, pack it out” park